Oneonta, new_york vegetarians, vegans and raw foodist events and singles dating
is a 67 year old, Jewish male.
Living in Oneonta, new_york
My name is Nathan, which in Hebrew means "to give" and I hope I can compassionately live up to that name. I consider myself a high-consciousness, energic, integrity-filled, thoughtful and caring person.... and here is yet more about myself....I know its more than in most profiles, but what the heck...I am articulate..and there is a lot to know... and its worth getting to know.... Are you up to it?
PERSONALITY - Main personality features include my being:
- Kind and compassionate
- Positive minded, seeking a fulfilling, hopefully romatic and playful relationship
- Honest, with integrity and asking the same
- Broadminded and sensitive
DIET- Have been the following
- Vegan - for nearly a decade
- Vegetarian since 1981 and for reasons of both compassion and health.
- Nutritional student - Have been a student of Hippocrates Health Institute and many leaders in the vegan movement who have helped guide me toward a sound vegan lifestyle. Recently I have written for HHI's magazine to give back.
- My own approaches - I also have a unique philosophy of life and my own creative approaches to diet and health... all of which has helped me stay super healthy, mentally clear, positive and vibrant.
ATHLETIC - Really enjoy being athletic.
- Triathlete - have been a nationally ranked triathlete for the third year running and for which one has to be superfit. About 500 American males my age or older are nationally ranked.
- Competitive Runner - Have been runing for decades and have completed four NYC marathons
STUDIES/LANGUAGES/SKILLS - Born into a Jewish-family in Germany, my sense of compassion for othes and all of life arose from what my family experienced there.
- Languages/Foreign Study - I am conversational in German and a little Hebrew and Yiddish; have spent time in Asia, studied Chinese in college; recently toured Thailand. Otherwise have pursued a broad education..
- Degrees - BA, MA, MBA, and more recently a PhD in philosophy.
- Favorite Studies - Love to share my philosophical thoughts with a partner. Also studied Chinese medicine (MA in Asian Studies) and for several years maintained a CTN or certified traditional naturopathic license.
PROFESSIONS - My professions involve the following:
- Rental manager - my love to make really beautiful living spaces (builder, renovator, real estate manager)
- Naturopath - my love of helping others become and stay healthy naturally
- Accountant and Financial Advisor - to help others keep things together financially. Worked on Wall Street for a while.
- Writer/Educator/Philosopher - Have written one popular book on GMOs. Am planning another activist text - a second Silent Spring - on the evironment and advocating a worldview that supports organic ways of living. Have a health blog with about 800 articles. Also write for Hippocrates Healing the World.
HOBBIES, FUN INTERESTS - Besides my athletics, am passionate about
- Gardening - and partaking in organic natural living.
- Meditating - with daily peaceful meditations,
- Music/Dance - play a little piano and enjoy going dancing
- Games - chess
- Activism - engage in meaningful make-a-difference activism. Am an activist on issues such as GMOs, fluoride and vaccines. In the past have helped a successful program to stop food irratiation in America.
- Not-for-profit Projects - Have helpled several
- Traveling - Going to exotic places, hiking and exploring natural terrains, US and worldwide
- Dog - Walk my dog and tend to her
- Study and Write - about health, environment and philosophies thereof. Have lots of blog posts and one book written...another in progress
is a 50 year old, spiritual female.
Living in Oneonta, new_york
Hello, I am new to the dating scene. I live in a small city in upstate NY where I am finding it challenging to find singles who share my ethical values. I love all types of music especially bluegrass. I enjoy movies of all genres. I enjoy hiking, kayaking, and spending time in nature. I am a professional woman who owns my own home and car. I have 2 cats, one dog and my daughter, 20, is still at home but will be moving on with her life next year. I also have a son who lives with his dad, my soon-to-be-ex. My son is a senoir in college.
Since choosing to be Vegan 3 years ago, I have lost some weight, but I still struggle to lose more. I love myself and my body no matter what and I hope to find a vegan male who will love being with a BBW. I am active and I am looking for someone to have fun with and possibly be more long term. No expectations. Life is too short! Nameste
Search More ads