( last login Jan 27, 2019 ad #99494 )
|67 years old|
|Caucasian / White|
|5' 7" (170cm)|
|No (more) children|
|Income:||$100,000 to $150,000|
I'd describe myself a normal, fit, healthy guy who grew up in the mid-west of Scottish stock.
My core skills are all technically oriented (electronics, computer-related work, photography).
I'm well-read (well, reasonably so anyway)...I read voraciously....everything from techno-thrillers to sci-fi to biographies to cereal boxes! Some have referred to me as a 'renaissance man' ... I'm not sure what that means though, as it seems anyone who knows the difference between a 'flat blade' and a 'phillips-head' is called a renaissance man these days. Still, I bring a great deal of 'life experience' to the table and I find that I am good at most things I try. Perhaps that means I've made most of the mistakes already and have learned well from them.
I am housebroken...meaning that I keep my clothes clean, I make my bed, my house is usually spotless (okay...pretty clean, (smile)), I am neat and organized (but not obsessively so), well groomed and I put the toilet seat down without being asked.
I try to live according to what I'm told is an American Indian philosophy: To live a full and happy life: Each day you must (1) learn something new,(2) teach someone something new, and (3) anonymously perform a service or a kindness for someone (even better if they are a stranger).
Fun Things: I'm a good cook but frequently need advice/help on presentation. I am vegan. I'm not morally attached to that lifestyle but I am much more healthy as a result of my diet.
I enjoy witty repartee and I can take a joke as well as play one.
I'm an engineering research tech, a photographer and a graphic artist. I know my way around electronics and computers. As for cameras and a photo studios; I've run my own business and can comfortably undertake technically challenging shoots and perform multi-level technical photo post processing, computer art creation and web work. I have done commercial work including architectural photography, boudoir shoots, nudes, landscapes, nature, portraits, pets, fine art and family shoots.
I love music....listening to it or making it . I sing, play the upright bass and am learning guitar...all three of which sound progressively better as the listener imbibes a few drinks. Music is my life and though it was once, it is no longer my livelihood.
I enjoy working in wood and have a well equipped shop. Same for glass. It's fun and therapeutic to create beautiful and useful things.
I'm looking for friends, company, companions and whatever else comes after that.
I am generally not intimidated by strong personalities and I'm not interested in conflict or mind games. I laugh easily, I cry just as easily and I don't wear 'ego-armor'...I know that I can be hurt. I don't want to change that about myself so I accept that it's who I am and I try hard not to take the world personally.
Thanks for taking the time to read this ramble......drop me a note.
As do we all, I seek someone who possesses the attributes to compliment, contrast and balance myself…..someone whose strengths balance my weaknesses and vice-versa. To put such into words seems an imposing if not impossible task…..so let me just start with this ‘pros and cons of me’, and we’ll learn more as we go. (?)
· I care for my body so I seek someone fit.
Sometimes I need to be motivated to put on the ‘sneaks’ and head for the gym.
· I'm of average height so I seek someone petite (all the better for dancing?)
· I am fairly erudite so I seek someone thoughtful and intelligent.
I occasionally need to be reminded to shut-up and listen.
· I'm a bit of a dreamer so I seek someone with imagination.
Although once in a while I have to be told to stop just thinking about it and DO it.
· I care so I seek someone with compassion.
I can get wrapped up in that emotion….so the occasional ‘nudge’ to remind me that action is required is appreciated.
Beyond that, I'm not sure how to describe you....so, at least for now, here are a few quotes that resonate with me.....do they for you?
- · The more we lift each other up the less likely we are to try to push each other down.
- · Freedom without higher consciousness and the compassionate responsibility for others as well as ourselves can become self-centered and destructive. Yet, higher consciousness without freedom to act can become so inner directed that it cuts us off from social involvement, which is vital to the survival of humanity.-- -The Healing of America by Marianne Williamson
- · We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -J. F. K.
- · In each of us there are four rooms: physical, cultural, sensual and spiritual. In order to maintain peace and balance each room should be visited every day.
- · Martin Luthor King pointed out that money given to a corporation is called a subsidy, while money given to a human being is called a handout.
- · You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
- · We are all one. To the extent that we see ourselves separate is only an optical illusion of the consciousness.--Albert Einstein
- · "Making life faster does not make it better.
- · Today is plenty; right now is always enough.
- · Tomorrow will come in good time. Until it does, live the depth of today" -anon-
- · A man who bows down to nothing can never bear the burden of himself. -The Posessed--Dostoyevsky
- · Regret is your announcement that you did not demonstrate your highest idea about who you are. Guilt is your decision that you are not worthy of doing so ever again.-Friendship With God-N.D. Walsch
- · A Candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
Was that too much info?
Good luck in your search.....hope to hear from you.